At one time or another, every Virtual Assistant or Online Business Manager has a heard those words..."I need a Leadpage for my new magical thing. Can you do this like ASAP? It's just a quick Leadpage...."
Now, take a deep breath, because I can already feel some of you getting riled up already. This anxiety is a reaction to what feels like an unrealistic request. When in reality, this is most often a simple uneducated expectation that can be resolved with a quick conversation.
So how do you have that conversation? How do you explain all the intricacies of a "quick Leadpage"? Let's take a look at the Common Expectation versus the Reality of the Project. Also, download the free checklist of questions you should be asking yourself or prepared to answer before outsourcing this project.
Common Client Expectation
Expectation as Communicated from Client:
I need a Leadpage for my new magical thing. Can you do this like ASAP? And I am working on a PDF too.
Also, Client Expectation (NOT Communicated): I need someone to make a pretty page for my new thing. It's just one page and I have the title of the thing it's about. Oh, and I probably need a PDF too. I may even try running my first Facebook ad to this. I don't think this should take but an hour or so. COOL?
Reality of the Project as heard by the Support Pro:
- What kind of Leadpage?
- Is this an Opt In, a Webinar, a tripwire, a sales page....WHAT IS IT FOR
- What is this Leadpage supposed to do? Collect emails, sell something, etc.
- Is the copy for the page written? Is it written WELL?
- What type of look (design) should this be?
- Do I have images and branding elements?
- Is this Leadpage part of a larger funnel? Like what is the bigger picture here?
- What about the Thank You page?
- What is the Call To Action (CTA?)
- Is there an email delivering something?
- Is there an auto-responder at all for this and is it written?
- What platform is collecting information?
- What platform are checkout forms coming from?
- What IS the deliverable? Is it made? What is it and where is being delivered from? Dropbox, Soundcloud, Vimeo, Youtube, Google Drive, etc.
- Will there be ads running to this? Do I have the Facebook pixel?
See my point? I could keep going with questions, because the reality of this request is that there is SO much more to setting up a Leadpage then just slapping up a page on the interwebs. A well-versed support professional is automatically going to map out all of these pieces before starting on this project because often times, one detail can affect another, creating a domino effect every time a client has a change.
There are Pro's who can whip up a short form opt in Leadpage in a couple hours all the way up to a day, depending on if they have all the details and how intense the design is. There are also sales page professionals who can take a week or so if they are creating powerful copy and custom graphic design. Bottom line, there isn't really an "average" amount of time to create a Leadpage and this task certainly isn't "just a quick" task.
Done right, Leadpages take time to write compelling copy for, navigate design and integrate with the larger technical pieces. Make sure you are prepared to answer the above questions and provide a realistic timeline (ASAP is not realistic) if you are seeking support with creating your Leadpages.
Set your virtual assistant or online business manager up to provide you with an amazing experience and finished product.